Sunday, October 22, 2017

Why Changing Your Transmission Oil Is Important

Transmission oil does 2 extremely important things.
1. Inside the torque converter it moves the power from your engine to your transmission.
2. It lubricates your transmission.

Your transmission is the 2nd most pricey part of your lorry to change. The engine is the most expensive part to replace. Strangely enough, I rarely replace engines, however I replace 6 to 8 transmissions each year.

Transmission Repair Services - It is in my professional viewpoint that you take excellent care of your transmission, and all you need to do is alter the transmission oil.

Years ago there were two kinds of transmission oils. Now it looks like there is a brand-new one each month. If your cars and truck was stuck on the side of the road, it would be all right to use the wrong to obtain you to the next exit. As soon as possible, however, you have to have a mechanic eliminate the old fluid and change it with appropriate transmission oil.

The incorrect transmission oil, in the short term, might cause your transmission to poorly alter gears. Years ago I did a pre-purchase assessment of a Honda. The transmission had a minor hesitation altering equipments. Slight, however certainly noticeable. I called my transmission rebuilder who had me inspect a couple of products on the transmission. He informed me he believed the transmission had the wrong oil and suggested I get rid of the old oil refill the transmission with the correct transmission oil. Sure enough, as soon as I changed the oil, the transmission effectively changed equipments. Fortunately for the owner, I was informed, the wrong oil would not cause irregular wear and tear of the transmission.

In 1986, when I opened my service center, we altered the transmission oil by removing the transmission pan. When the pan boiled down, about 3 to 4 quarts of oil came down with it. Typically making a huge mess of my shirt and my shop floor. Once the pan was eliminated I had access to the transmission oil filter which I altered before reassembling the pan and adding transmission oil.

Thanks to some mechanical genius, who conserved many t-shirts and shop floors, we not change transmission oil by doing this. I now link my devices to a transmission line which runs between the transmission and the radiator. (Transmission oil is pumped to the radiator to cool it. The anti freeze in the radiator and your oil never mix. The transmission fluid has its own set of cooling coils inside the radiator.) Once my equipment is linked to the transmission line, I begin your automobile and the transmission oil is pumped into my equipment instead of the radiator. My equipment pumps an identical amount of oil back into the transmission.

A transmission can hold up to 16 quarts of oil. My more recent equipment replaces 99% of the oil in your transmission. The old method only replaced 3 to 4 of the oil in your transmission.

Some transmissions have an external transmission oil filter. These filters screw and loosens similar to an oil filter.

The majority of manufacturers recommend altering the transmission oil every 36,000 miles or 3 years whichever precedes. A couple of, very few, like VW recommend that you NEVER alter the transmission oil. Your owner's handbook is the very best source for details about your cars and truck.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome To Clark Capital Funding Inc.
    With over 25 years of business building experience, we will work very hard to help you build your business. Not just in new equipment, but in building your network as well. Every industry is very competitive, investing in new equipment will help increase production, but our goal is to also help you gain new clients as well. Please visit our “Building your Business” page to learn how we can help you grow.
    Clark Funding

    Equipment Leasing Allentown PA
    Equipment Leasing Cherry Hill Nj
    Equipment Leasing Chester County
    Equipment Leasing Collegeville PA
    Equipment Leasing Hersey PA
    Equipment Leasing Camden Nj
    Equipment Leasing Harrisburg Pa
    Equipment Leasing Cape May Nj
    Equipment Leasing Atlantic City Nj

    ReplyDelete